Friday 12 February 2021

Artist-Run Centres


Volunteer at your local artist-run centre! I highly recommend it. It can be as simple as volunteering at their openings. 

I just finished my term on the Board of Gallery 44. I was on their Exhibition Programming Committee and am now on the Special Events and Fundraising Committee. Learning how artist-run centres work and participating in G44's various committees has been an invaluable experience to me as both an artist and an arts administrator. It impresses me how much care and work the staff at Gallery 44 put into running it. Being on the board and committees is a way to give back to these spaces that help our city stay dynamic.















No comments:

Remapping (Puppy Eyes)

I use the term remapping conceptually as move from space to space - either to live, to visit or for an artist residency - to understand the ...